AeroSuperBatics Wingwalking Flights – Covid-19 Update
AeroSuperBatics have been actively flying and successfully following COVID-19 rules & regulations since Monday 12th April 2021.
Government Update/AeroSuperBatics Request – 19th July 2021
Following recent Government announcements, the team at AeroSuperBatics would ask that all our visitors be encouraged to stick the our rules here at Rendcomb airfield.
We would like to continue with social distancing within the flyers group and other groups. All activities that take place indoors we would like all staff and guests to be masked. Although the rule of 6 has been relaxed, we ask our wingwalkers to be mindful of the number of guests inviting to our airfield. Ideally we would ask that our wingwalkers invite no more than 10 guests. If a larger groups are expected, please advise the team prior your visit by emailing email@example.com so the necessary arrangements can be made to ensure social distancing is maintained.
The layout at AeroSuperBatics has been arranged such that groups are geographically separated outdoors at all times.
- We ask that all guests continue to sanitise on arrival with hand sanitizer offered by AeroSuperBatics. Guests will be directed to a separate viewing area where they must remain until they depart, unless toilet facilities are required (see below).
- The flying guest will be separated from the group and asked to sign the AeroSuperBatics declaration form which has been modified to reflect the C19 measures.
- The form will include the facility for flying guests to tick that they, and their spectators, are NOT suffering from any COVID symptoms. In this event the entire group will be asked to leave the airfield and isolate in accordance with any government guidelines in place at the time.
- Kitchen facilities are not available. Water and hot drinks machines are operational, but staff and guests are required to use the hand sanitizer before and after use. Food consumption can only take place outside on tables provided, separate from other groups, and all packaging and rubbish must be removed by the group.
- Toilet facilities are available provided that social distancing is followed.
- Flying guests are asked to wear their own suitable clothing for their flight, which will need a zip-able pocket, including gloves. Hoods are not recommended. Only flying goggles and ear plugs will be supplied by AeroSuperBatics.
- Flight suits continue to not be supplied until a time AeroSuperBatics feel is COVID safe to do so.
For the wingwalk flight itself, the following protocols will be followed:
- The guest and staff member, both wearing masks, will approach the aircraft in the normal manner and climb up in accordance with existing procedures.
- When the guest is strapped on, the staff member will climb down and position to maintain eye contact with the guest. The guest will then remove their mask and secure it in a pocket.
- The wingwalk flight takes place in the normal manner.
- After landing, the flying guest is asked to retrieve their mask and put it on. In the event that their mask is lost, a spare will be available and passed up by extending pole. Our staff member will then climb up and assist with the unstrapped and climbed down process.
- A safety bag will be available to collect tissues and ear plugs used by the guest. Flying goggles should be placed in a separate container.
- The guest’s Flight Certificate will be available to pick up as they and their group leave the airfield.
- Photography can take place between flying guests in their group, but AeroSuperBatics staff cannot participate in any photography.
AeroSuperBatics hope you understand that the above continued procedures are in place to protect the wingwalker, their guests and our staff at this present at the time.
Please take care and stay safe.