We are absolutely delighted to announce that we are open, taking bookings and flying again.
All previously booked wingwalking experiences are taking place.
The DfT and CAA have granted us permission to commence our Wingwalking Experiences alongside our strict and coherent social distancing rules in place to protect our team and visitors.
Our Professional Wingwalkers and Display Pilots look forward to welcoming you to our private airfield for your experience of a lifetime!
AEROSUPERBATICS WINGWALK FLIGHTS – COVID 19 MEASURES – AUTUMN 2020
1. Approval has been granted by the Civil Aviation Authority and DfT to commence limited wing-walk experience flights for the general public commencing 4th June 2020. Government guidelines with regard to the Covid-19 pandemic, have been restricted as 14th September 2020, to the point where AeroSuperBatics consider that additional restrictions on the control and number of daily public wing-walk flights are now necessary. Our method of operation is detailed below.
2. Each flying guest is limited to themselves and a maximum of 5 other persons. Social distancing must be maintained with the flyer’s group and other groups. All activities that take place indoors will require all staff and guests to be masked.
3. The layout at AeroSuperBatics will be arranged such that groups are geographically separated outdoors.
4. All ASB staff are required to sanitise between each group.
- a. All flying guests will be required to sanitise on arrival with hand-sanitiser offered by ASB.
- b. Guests will be directed to a separate viewing area where they must remain until they depart unless toilet facilities are required (see Section 6).
- c. The flying guest will be separated from the group, temperature checked and asked to sign the ASB declaration form which has been modified to reflect the C19 measures.
- d. The form will include the facility for flying guests to tick that they are NOT suffering from: Persistent Cough, Loss of Taste or Smell, Fatigue, Fever (temperature above 37.5°C) or Shortness of Breath.
- e. In the event that a temperature reading is above 37.5°C, the flight will be cancelled, and the entire group will be asked to leave the airfield and isolate in accordance with government guidelines.
5. Kitchen facilities are available. The coffee and water machines are operational, but Staff and guests are required to use the hand sanitiser before and after use. Food consumption can only take place outside on tables provided, separate from other groups, and all packaging and rubbish must be removed by the group.
6. Toilet facilities are available provided that social distancing is followed, i.e, no more than one person in the building en-route to and from the toilet facilities at any one time.
7. The safety video can be watched by the individual flying guests only.
8. Flying guests are asked to wear their own suitable clothing for their flight, (which will need a zip-able pocket) including gloves. Hoods are not recommended. Only flying goggles and earplugs will be supplied by ASB.
9. For the wing-walk flight itself, the following protocol will be followed:
- a. The guest and staff member (both wearing masks and gloves) will approach the aircraft in the normal manner and climb up in accordance with existing procedures.
- b. When the guest is strapped on, the staff member will climb down and position to maintain eye contact with the guest. The guest will then remove their mask and secure it in a pocket.
- c. The wing walk flight takes place in the normal manner.
- d. After landing, the flying guest is asked to retrieve their mask and put it on. In the event that their mask is lost, a spare will be available and passed up via an extending pole. Our staff member will then climb up and assist with the unstrap and climb down process.
- e. A safety bag will be available to collect tissues and ear plugs used by the guest. Flying goggles should be placed in a separate container.
- f. The guest’s Flight Certificate will be available to pick up as they and their group leave the club house.
- g. Photography can take place between flying guests and their group but ASB staff cannot participate in any photography.
AeroSuperBatics hope you understand that the above procedures are in place to protect the wing walker, their guests and our staff in line with the current government guidelines. We hope that as soon as regulations relax again, we can too.